"He's too fat and I'm not dyin out there with him"
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Obstacle One: The Braveheart Charge
I want to take some time and delve into each obstacle on this blog. Not because I want to over think them and be woman-ly about it, but because...well, I have four months to get ready for it and I want to be prepared, dammit. Tough Mudder has the decency to pre-post the course map for each location and almost all of them have the Braveheart Dash as the first obstacle. I don't personally consider this an obstacle, I think its more of a balls to the wall beginning, but whatever. It looks fun.
Oh, wait. That must be the TM in NorCal because the people all have chain mail and are carrying swords and staffs (staves?).
I love how you basically have 3 groups of people running down the hill. The first group are the people that actually think they are filming the movie Braveheart again. These are your type A to the max people that will probably not finish because they blew out a hammy at the bottom of the hill or they carb loaded so much the night before that they blow out a colon about a quarter mile in. This group includes Rucksack Guy (bout the :20 mark) with his extra water, extra shoes, extra socks, extra gloves, a tent, an M9, wood for a campfire, signal flares, green smoke nades, nuclear fision flashlights, CPR mask, and a case of MREs.
The next group of people are the 'this is badass and I'm going to have fun today' group. I think I'll be in that group.
The last herd is the 'WTF am I doing out here, I hate you Steve for asking me to do this' group. They will finish because they will walk around all of the obstacles, declaring that they didnt come out here to get dirty. One thing's fo sho--they aint runnin down that hill...unless there's a box of Munchkins waiting.
But I digress. I think the key to this 'obstacle' is just to survive and hope you don't get ran over by any Type A jackasses while not tripping over the last group of people. Get to the bottom of the hill and get some room to stretch out the legs some so that you can start trotting along to the next obstacle, The Killa Gorilla!
Yo Brutha! RUN DOWN THAT HILL LIKE THERE BE A FREE CASE OF MAKERS AT THE END OF IT!!!!
ReplyDelete