Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 4 Training Update; Progress is a Painful Thing and Music Soothes

This week sees me making it to week 4 of the training regimen, which means 'Halle-frickin-lujah' in P90X terms. Week 4 is the week of Yoga, Stretching, and general laziness. No push-ups, no Pam the Blam jumping through the roof, or Heavy Pants til your shoulders detach. I have definately seen progress, even if my weight hasnt dropped. I weighed in at 221 this morning, but I've seen noticeable difference in my shoulders, triceps, and calves. Mostly, I've seen a huge difference in my waistline. I'm officially to my last notch on my belt and I noticed that even it was baggy on the golf course on Sunday. Running through the neighborhood has gotten noticeably easier, too. I'm doing 2 miles with relative ease now. Six months ago, I got winded driving 2 miles. Good stuff right there...

One day last week, I decided to run with my headphones on. Its amazing the difference it makes when you run with them on. Without them, I get so frickin bored listening to my feet slapping against the pavement that I just want to listen to something different. I made a Workout playlist several years ago when I went to the Y a lot and I just started running to that. A few songs that make me want to just keep running farther:

'Guerilla Radio' by Rage
'Lit Up' by Buckcherry (something about that dude screamin 'I love the cocaine' in my ear makes me want to run faster...no idea why)
'Are You Ready' by Creed
'Shout at the Devil' Crue...check out the circa 1983 video below



I also have several CDs that I got when I was in the guard that are recording of military cadences. The best ones are Airborne, IMO.

Look for more posts as the week goes on. I want to start delving into the obstacles that we'll be attacking during the race. Also, Tough Mudder will be selling spectator tickets to the race if anyone wants to come along. There's a band (maybe 2) playing at the finish line and I know they'll have beer for sale. It would prolly be fun to camp out at one of the rougher obstacles and get pics. The spectator tix are $15 apiece.

Also want to thank Tina (Lane) Bullard for being the first to donate and to comment on the site! Thanks, Tina--the money goes to an amazing cause and I really appreciate someone having the balls to donate! HA!

Thanks for reading, y'all. Have a great night...

No comments:

Post a Comment