I came back from an awesome vacation last night to find that I had gained 4 pounds in 5 days. It's amazing how much eating bad shit can make you gain weight when you're used to eating healthily. I seriously ate the worst crap I could find when I was gone. My mother's homemade brownies, measured in at 591 calories apiece, made an appearance the first night of vacation. I think I ate 12 of them. Someone brought those little vanilla cookies and I ate a whole pack of those. I drank bourbon. I ate bread. I ate butter deep fried in a flour batter, dipped in chocolate. And....I gained 4 pounds in 5 days.
I did try to run when I was gone. We were staying just outside of Pigeon Forge, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to get to do some mountain running since its so flat here in Indiana. My 14 year old nephew runs cross country, so I thought, 'hey, here's some competition' as well as mountain running. I mean, surely I can run 7 minute miles just like he can, right?
We ran to the bottom of the mountain and I actually stayed with him. He was running, I was more like rolling down the hills, but at least I stayed up with him. We touched the bottom of the hill and turned around to run back up the mountain. The next time I saw him, he was walking out of our cabin with a vanilla cookie in his hand. At least I think it was a vanilla cookie. I had so much damn salt in my eyes from sweating in the 98 degree temps that it could have been my mom with a cookie in her hand for all I know.
Anyway, I ran two miles when I got home last night and re-started week 5 of P90X tonight. I'll be back on track soon. Weight as of this morning: 222 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment