Monday, August 15, 2011

Dog Days of Summer Training Update

August is here, which means that the Dog Days have arrived, and it actually cooled down quite a bit here last week. So when I post about the Dog Days, I'm more posting about the fact that I'm struggling with training for the last week or so. I spent early last week in Evansville for a few days and I hurt my left ankle during a 2 mile run. Not a twist or a pop, just kind of a dull aching pain that stayed for a few days. I guess I'm lucky, its the first real injury I've felt, but it still sucked. I did not run again until last night, so I was lazy for a few days other than staying on the P90X workout program. It doesnt help that football has started back--I freaking love watching football on TV...even if it is exhibition season. I did manage to take my daughter swimming for a few hours on Saturday, so that was a pretty good workout.

I'm also considering joining a gym. Don't get me wrong, P90X is a wonderful workout system but there's a couple of areas that I'm not satisfied with. For one, I dont feel like I'm getting a decent back workout with P90, and that's a big deal considering all the walls and crap that we'll be climbing over for the mudder. Also, even though I've bought the biggest bands I can find (100 lbs), I'm not impressed with the bicep workout. So, if you have a gym that you want to recommend in the Greenwood area, I'm down for listening.

My weight is still around 215, but I feel like my muscle content has gone up considerably. I really loaded the protein last week, hitting the 200g per day mark a couple of times. I can see the difference in my triceps and chest especially. I'm in serious need of new clothes, I know that. My pants are ridiculously loose. Hey, I'm saggin! Yeaaah boyeeee!!

Anyway, sorry to be so blah. I gotta get out of this doldrum and get back to kickin some ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment