Sunday, August 7, 2011

Training Update: Hitting the Wall Really Hurts and Site Update

I've been a little unhappy with the rate that I'm dropping belly fat, so I decided this week to step up my cardio level along with the intesity of my core workouts. I ran about 12 miles this week, but on Thursday, I found my wall.

When I got up, I did my normal P90X routine which was Yoga X (grrr). After that, I threw in an extra rotation of Ab Ripper X, the 16 minute ab workout that is the equivalent of 334 sit ups. This was all before 8am--I was working from home this week. After work, I cut my barren wasteland of a yard in the 93 degree heat and then went for a run. I got about a quarter mile into the run and my legs just stopped. Dead. Nothing. Felt like lead weights hanging from my torso. I've never felt that before, but I assume that this was my body's way of telling me that it had enough. I guess I can see why, I mean Yoga X is an hour and a half long--and then the Ab workout and cutting the grass just put me over the edge, I reckon. I was so tired that I took Friday off from working out.

My weight is still hovering around 215, which is pretty good considering that I ate Ritter's one day this week as a celebration for losing 50 pounds. Oh, and I had a piece of pizza. Oh, and I drank a few beers at the Journey concert last night. Oh, and I....man, ate like shit this week.

As far as the site is concerned, this thing has turned into an adventure in itself. We managed to hit the 500 hit mark this week and are averaging about 20 hits a day (hell, I thought it wouldn't get 20 hits overall). There are people following the site in Australia and the Ukraine now, and we have hits from all around the world. I've made a couple of new friends because of the site, and that's pretty damn cool. I guess after raising money for the WWP, making new friends from this train wreck is the second best thing that could come of it. So, thank you for making this into whatever it becomes. I'm very thankful for your following along.

Another good side effect of the site:
Found an awesome band that I'd never heard of (Volbeat). Their music is on this video:


To take it to the next level, feel free to comment about any of the randomness that shows up on here. It's ok, you won't offend me (unless you talk crap about Georgia Tech football, then its on). Give the site address to other people. Share your bookmark for the site, its ok. Hell, you never know, you might even end up doing this one day--it has been a great ride so far.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! 215 lbs???? After this event, all I see on the horizon is slabs and slabs of ribs, beans, and 42 ilbs of cornbread, followed by a Makers wash down. We gonna have to fattin yo skinny ass back up!!!! You Effin Mudder!!!

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I'd post some ripe comments about GT, but it ain't worth the time. The only good thing about GT is VARSITY!

    ReplyDelete