I veered off my training course. I was talking to a friend of mine recently about strength training and how I was upset that my strength wasn't going up as exponentially as I thought it would. He (correctly) suggested that I add more lean protein to my diet to fix this. I did not mention that I wanted to gain strength without raising mass...so his recommendation was correct. I went out and bought some protein drinks and have been averaging about 170g of protein a day for the last two weeks. I figured that HAD to be the problem since I've been a little sluggish lately.
I've gained mass quite a bit over the last few weeks--especially in my arms and chest. Don't get me wrong, protein is essential but not in the doses that I've been having, I think. I've scaled back the protein and regained my energy level. As an example, I ran 4 miles today--by far the longest training run I've had since I started training for TM. I know that there are a lot of people that read this that know a helluva lot more than me about training nutrition. Am I off base?
I also found something else that helps with motivation:
No comments:
Post a Comment